About Me

My photo
Boise, Idaho, United States
I'm the Mom and Grandma of the most amazing tribe! So just let me brag a little! :)

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Jon's 2008 Football Photo's

I have been very lazy about updating Jon's amazing senior year of football but I will just fill you in on a few details. He started at defensive end/defensive tackle for his 4th consecutive year of high school on the Varsity team. Amazing athlete! I think as a freshman he was about 180 pounds. This year as a senior he weighed in at 250 pounds and 6'2" (with cleats on :)

The team's season was not Centennial's most successful, due a large part on an ineffective offense and questionable offensive coaching (my opinion) but as always, the teams defense rocked. I think we ended up with the 2nd best defense in our conference!

Last night at our awards banquet we found out that Jon was selected by the coaches of our conference as the "All Conference Defensive Player of the Year", which is quite an accomplishment and reflects the dedication and devotion he has put into this program. I know there were a number of talented athletes from all of the schools that could have been eligible for this award and I know Jon feels honored to have been selected. He was also recognized for not missing one practice all summer, being a team captain and mentor to the younger players, and chosen by his peers as the most valuable defensive lineman on the Centennial team in 2008.

I think that one highlight of the evening for Farrell and I may have been when a parent of another player pulled us aside and thanked us for raising such a fine young man. Apparently this man's son had been having a very difficult time feeling his self worth on the team and wasn't sure he wanted to even keep playing until he was moved over to the defensive line. Jon took him under his wing and gave him the encouragement he needed to keep at it. He's now very excited to stay with the program! Wow, I'm proud of this kid of mine!!!





































1 comment:

The Stubbs Family said...

Way to go Jon! Kelly, Rachel and I are super proud of you! We've had so much fun coming and watching your games over the years, we wish we could have come to all of them, but we were there in heart!

And trust me, if you plan to keep playing you better believe your most "enthusiastic" fan will be there yelling my lungs out every tackle of the way.

Way to go!